Dusting Silk Trees

Does anyone have any good tips on dusting silk trees? I have a silk fica tree and I'm dusting one leaf at a time.

Thanks,
Diana

By Ginnee (Guest Post)

I've heard people use blow dryers but I think I would try taking it outside and gently wash with the hose on fine spray. A few minutes in the sun would dry it.

By Beverly (Guest Post)

I have set silk plants in the shower and give them a light shower. It works.

I "dust" silk flowers and lampshades with my husband's air compressor. In other words, just blow the dust away. No water needed. If you don't have the use of an air compressor, you might be able to use the canned air that is used to blow out the dust from keyboards, etc. Sold where office supplies are sold.
Harlean from Arkansas

By Linda (Guest Post)

I rinse all my silk plants outside with the hose, then invert them to letr them dry(so water doesn't pool in the containers) Easy to tweak them back into shape!

Diana ,Also you could take it outside and use the reverse on your vacuum cleaner/shop vac. I take my silk flowers/trees outside and swish the small ones in a tub of warm water with a capful of Amway's LOC or dishwashing liquid.

Rinse and let air dry.If the dust is light just blow it away. But if it is heavy/greasy then you'll have to wash them.They come out nice as new. GG Vi.

By (Guest Post)

cover the base/container with a garbage bag and tape tight around trunk then wash with hose and let the sun dry