Eye GlassesOther

Polishing Eyeglass Lenses

How do I remove scratches from my eyeglasses lens?

By michael from Houston, TX

It depends on if they are glass or plastic. Take them to where you purchased them and they should be able to help.

I've worn glasses forever. My last pair of eyeglasses are so scratched up! I was wondering if anyone can give advice on polishing lenses on your eyeglasses? Of course, other than replacing them.

Debbie from Flower Mound, TX

Answers:

Polishing Eyeglass Lenses

Clean the glasses with lemon Pledge furniture polish. You'll be amazed. Do this daily for awhile. (04/26/2006)

By Steve

Polishing Eyeglass Lenses

I would think the optometry shops could do this for you at low cost, since they have the equipment to grind and polish new lenses, they should be able to buff out the scratches with that equipment. I would call around and see who is willing to do it/for how much. It's possible that shop where you bought the glasses in the first place might do it for free. It's worth the good will and repeat business. (04/27/2006)

By Claudia-MD

Polishing Eyeglass Lenses

I used to clean the scratches off of my Swatch watch with toothpaste. I just rubbed in the regular white toothpaste and took it off. It cleared up really well. (04/27/2006)

By Sandy