CrochetCrafts

Crocheting a Toboggan Hate

I just recently learned how to crochet. I've started making a blanket but it's hard to keep the loops the same size so it's all curling up. IS there ne way I could stop that. Also, I want to make a toboggan but I can't find any place that will just tell me how to start it off. I know you have to make a circle I just don't know how.

Sara

By Marta (Guest Post)

You can easily find patterns online by using google...or you can simply start with a circle or increase stitches with each round you do.
Here's a tip on your blanket....new crocheters tend to crochet too tightly....your blanket is most likely curling up because the yarn is just knotted very tightly. Loosen up your individual stitches and that should help.

By Rose (Guest Post)

You can crochet a very easy toboggan by making a chain 8-10 ins long and single crocheting across. Turn and single crochet in BACK LOOP ONLY of each row until it is long enough to fit around your head.

Sew up side, gather one end and turn up the other...this also makes great caps for babies using smaller needles and yarn...hope you understand the directions.