Weekly Errands Master List

In order to save gas and time, I do all my weekly errands on the same day. I realized one day while I was writing out my grocery and errand list that I pretty much visited the same places all the time. So I decided to make out a "master errand list", much like one would print out a master shopping list because the same items are usually bought over and over.

Using Microsoft Word, I created a template with headings for each place I visit weekly and the things I might do there. For instance, under the Post Office heading I typed "buy stamps" "mail packages", etc. I did this for every store and place of business I usually visit. For places like grocery stores I have a space next to each one to write down the coupons I will be using and the sale items of interest. I also tried to write them in the order that I usually visit them in, for convenience sake.

Then I printed them out on the opposite side of my master grocery list. So all I have to do weekly is circle the places I need to go and the things I need to do there. It is so much easier than writing it all out by hand every week.

By Wendy from IN

Absolutely the best! I have been doing similar for about a year now. My husband likes this type of list because he doesn't have to think about it, just looks at the master list, and determines before going to the store what is needed.

We amend the list occasionally, depending on evolving needs.

Excellent idea. I only wish I could convince hubby to cooperate in a plan like this!

You can even go one cheaper than that. Print the lists on both sides, have it laminated, and get a water eraseable pen. I had a grocery list like that, hadn't thought of adding other errands! I also added a box before each item so all I had to do was check it off when I needed it, and I printed it on bright paper so I could find it easily in my purse. Frugality rocks!

I use PeaPod to shop and they keep my grocery lists online, and I can make them one jumbo list. I like PeaPod because it keeps me out of the store, and they do an excellent job.

I use sticky notes on my bathroom mirror for appointments etc. that I don't want to miss. This works better for me than on the fridge as I look at the mirror every morning when I brush my hair.

The fridge door has so much stuff on it that anything posted there will probably be missed! When it is time for the appointment the note is attached to the list of places to go and things to buy that I made up the night before.

Organizing MiscellaneousAugust 28, 2009
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf54912281.tip.html