Pit Bull Chewing Problem

I have a Pit Bull that chews everything she gets her mouth around. She will chew wood toys, rugs, beds, and drywall. What kind of toys can Pits have? She chews every kind of toy I get. How can I stop her from chewing the house up?

By John

Check out the Kongs. My dog is an aggressive chewer. The extreme Kongs have been great for my dog. He can destroy just about anything. The nylabones are also great. One of those lasts my dog about a month before I have to replace it because he's chewed it apart.

They have a spray that is safe for furniture & dogs that makes it taste sour so the dog wont like the taste & will learn to leave that alone. Artlady is right the large nylabones & kongs are great for keeping them busy. Good luck.

My Pit does the same thing! She has already demolished 4 kings, but I would try the strongest kong they have!

Another idea is to make sure your puppy gets enough exercise and attention. That helps tire the dog out and cures the boredom factor that often leads to the bad behavior. Nice long walks and play involving running and fetching will make a big difference. Then gentle correction when you see chewing on the wrong items.

Our male pit used to chew up everything. From cell phones to doors. We started getting him Kong toys that you can stuff food in, filling them up then freezing them. Also tennis balls that dont have a hollow inside and chucks think tires.

If you buy cow hoofs they can't chew through them I have a few pit bulls myself and it works great you can find cow hoofs at a pet store or online as well