Can Dogs Get Parvo Again?

My 4 year old Dachshund is having some diarrhea and seems to be refusing his hard dog food. He is still eating just not as much. He almost died as a puppy with parvo. I guess he is a carrier.

What are the chances of a reoccurence of the parvo? He was treated with a booster after a year old, but nothing since. Do I need to be concerned or wait and see how long he has the diarrhea?

By kathy 

Best Answer

These are questions best brought to your veterinarian. However, just diarrhea with no vomiting is usually NOT a sign of parvo. I wouldn't push food. He knows how is stomach feels. I'd at least call the vet in the morning and get professional advice. I've never heard of a dog being a carrier of parvo. To the best of my knowledge they either have it or they don't.

Feed your dog some baby food with syringe and try to get meat and ice and ESPECIALLY B-12 VITAMINS AND GET THE GUMMY KIND you can try Pedialyte but my dog loves the VANILLA ENSURE AND GET IT COLD AND FEED WITH SYRINGE AND BUT DONT OVER FEED IF THEYRE STOMACH HAS SHRUNK but anyways this is my remedy and my dog looks and is acting so much better this is the 6th day and the 3rd day is the worst but don't give up and don't be mean to these little sick animals thank you

Best Answer

Please go to your Vet!

I would definitely call the vet. You don't want your dog to become dehydrated.

I wonder if he has an infected tooth, since he is refusing hard food? An infection like that can effect the whole system and needs to be taken care of.

Parvo? Enema with colloidal silver (Health food store) one half hour later, another enema with colloidal silver. Kills germs where they are, they cannot multiply. Dog is renewed and gets strength in a short while.

My puppy had parvo . She is almost 5 yrs old & I would like to get a puppy , is my house and yard safe after all these years ?

Pets Dogs HealthApril 18, 2010
😷
🍂
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf56077023.tip.html