Bathroom Cabinet Door Won't Stay Closed

Category Bathroom
It is very frustrating when a cabinet door no longer stays closed. This is a guide about bathroom cabinet door won't stay closed.

My bathroom cabinet door won't stay closed. The hardware is there. It doesn't seem to catch any longer. I am repair challenged but can't afford to hire someone to fix this. How can I fix it?

Linda from NY

Answers

magnetic type?
If so depending on its setup, just unscrew the magnet, Reline it up with the door & screw it in.

There is so many different types you could be speaking of
an image or better details may help to know exackly what your dealing with

Also maybe the door has dropped slightly,
Check the hinges

By Mandalyn (Guest Post)

You could try those child safety catches that people put on their cabinets to keep kids out. It goes on the inside so you wouldn't be able to see it and you (as an adult) would still be able to open it easily but otherwise it would stay closed.

I'm sure the most you would need to install it is a hammer or a screwdriver and you could handle that!

Thank you both. It's a male fitting on the door that goes into a female mounted inside the cabinet. It fits in but doesn't stay, it pops out. I think the door is okay but I will check that it hasn't dropped. The child safety thingy sounds great. If I can't realign the door I'm going to get one of those! Any brand recommendations?

Velcro? It has been a lifesaver for me on many a thing.