Freezing Sweet Bell Peppers?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

How do I store bell peppers in the freezer?
Thank you.

By S H

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 186 Feedbacks

I have never froze whole bell peppers, but what I do, is prepare them like I would to use in various casseroles, salads, etc. I wash them, and then cut them, remove the seeds, then proceed to dice them, and put something like 1/2 cup of the diced pepper in baggies and pop them in the freezer, then when I need some to put in a casserole, I pull oneor two baggies out of the freezer.

Bell Peppers are an exotic rarity; a vegetable that can be frozen successfully without blanching. Just cut them up and put them in a plastic bag and in the freezer.

I freeze the raw peppers as others have suggested, with the exception that I lay them out on a cookie sheet, freeze them solid (at least a couple of hours or overnight) and then bag in freezer weight bags. They can be removed from the bag in any amount needed without disturbing the rest of the peppers.

I like stuffed peppers, so I freeze for this also. Cut the top from the peppers and remove the seeds and veins. Then blanch them in boiling water for approximately 2 minutes, chill in ice water, drain well and again place on a cookie sheet, open side down, freeze and then bag. When ready to use just proceed with your stuffing recipe as usual.

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJanuary 7, 2012
🐛
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf56701504.tip.html