Remedies For Crick in the Neck

Got any good remedies for a crick in the neck.

Ellen from Taft, CA

If I get a crick in the neck, it is often coming out of my shoulder area. I take a small ball that is a bit spongy, but not totally soft, like a tennis ball consistency. I stand against a wall with the ball on the spot in my shoulder and I rub as hard as I can stand it. I do this 2-3 times a day until it is gone, often in a day. A lot cheaper than a chiropractor!

any muscle heat rub sold over the counter the ones at dollar store work as good as any name brands just $1 per tube. rub it on the sore area, wrap a warm hand towel around your neck while watching tv etc and then reapply your heat rub when you go to bed, the next day you will feel lots better. also try to keep cool air off your neck until your pain is gone via car window down from breeze or air conditioner blowing on it because cool air will make it worse. any type heat applied will fix it and a heating pad used on the area will work wonders too.

Dollar store also has these amazing pads called Absorbine Jr. muscle pain relief pads. They come one in a package, they have a gel consistency on the one side, you stick that side to your skin and it works like icy hot, but it sticks in place and lasts for 8 hours. Really helps with pain relief and loosens the muscles. I even cut them in half and use one on each side of my lower stomach for menstrual cramps.

My wife and I often get these odd crinks and what we found that works are homemade rice paks. Our daughter takes a terry kitchen towel, folds it in half length wise and sews the bottom and side, leaving the top open, add one cup of UNCOOKED white rice, sew the top closed and place in the microwave for about 3 minutes, the rice pak will form around the sore spot, and in just a few minutes, pain is gone

Anonymous

I place organic cold pressed castor oil on a t-shirt type fabric rag, a large plastic storage bag on top of my heating pad and then lay down for a bit with the castor oil rag on top of the plastic covered pad :-)

Afterwards, I place the rag inside the plastic bag and place in the fridge in case I need to use it again over the next couple of days ... All you need to do is microwave the rag for about five to ten seconds for it to be 'good to go' again if needed and the castor rag will stay fresh in the fridge for about two weeks :-)

Errr...a little less computer?

What I use is a clean sock filled with a cup or two of white rice. I heat it in the microwave until it has a nice hotness to it (a minute or so) then I just throw it over my back or shoulder. It's great because you dont' really have to hold it, instead you can just put it under a sweater for pressure. It works within a couple of hours.

Oh, and keep re-heating when heat becomes dull. things you can do in between heating it going up against a corner and moving ur back or neck across the hard point, not too hard thought. And if you have a nice mom, wife, or girlfriend that cares about you have them get vasaline or oil to massage the sore. It shouldnt persist after this routine. Hope it works!