Cookware with Water Vapor Seal?

Does anyone remember cookware that required something like 1 tsp. water added to the rim of the lid after it has been set on the pot? This was to make a water vapor seal. I was thinking about it the other day and wondered what happened to this line and if it ever truly functioned. It was sold in the 1970's.

Holly from Richardson, TX

I bought a set of stainless steel water vapor seals in the 70s. I'm still using mine, and they're going to last me a lifetime.

I purchased some cookware in the early 70's called Miracle Maid and it only required 1tsp. of water for cooking. I used it for over 15 years and loved it but I am no longer able to find it. I had all the pots and pans plus a great electric skillet you could cook a whole meal in. I was introduced to it at a party like a Tupperware party only for pots and pans. The demonstration had the host cook an entire meal in the electric skillet that included meat loaf, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and corn. When all of that was done they emptied the liquid into a pot and baked a cake in the electric skillet and made an icing out of the liquid off the meal, it was absolutely great and the cookware was very easy to clean up.

I had all the cake pans, pie pans and cookie sheets. I would love to have another set of the pots and pans, I still have 3 pots, the cake pans and pie pans from the original set but some of the finish has worn off inside the pots and pans. I think it was made by West Bend but I have checked their web site and have not been able to find it. If anyone knows where to purchase it I would love to know. I have seen a few of the used pots and the pot handles for sale on e-bay but they look rather worn.

I have a set of Chefs Ware sold in the 1970s. 3 ply stainless sold at home parties.

Does anyone recall this line of cook ware? Small amount of water needed to cook and you would spin the lid to determine the water level. I have a large six qt pot and just broke one of the handles. Any help?

I also bought a set back in the 80's I still have from 1st marriage. Most pans still work and operate as new. 8QT Pot, Frying pan, 2 qt. 1 qt, Large roaster. Wife kept electric skillet. Only the 1 and 2 qt show lot of wear but was still using. Yes I have all the lids. If interested $100 entire set (Less than frying pan alone). Email me if interested. Good starter package for new couple.

Anonymous

I have the Electromaid, and my daughter has the pans from my mother-in-laws set of Miracle Maid cookware. Still good shape.

Miracle Maid. I purchased my set at a home party as well. I also purchased Letko skillet and an electric Wok.

I am still using the pots and pans today. They are the best cookware ever, Too bad its no longer on the market.

It was made by Miracle Maid, I have the same set and love mine too, pretty impressive after all these years! I've seen it on vintage sights, Ebay and Amazon.

I can relate. we did the same thing. went to a cooking party, bought 3 pans & absolutely love them. 2 of them have lost their black look so I went on ebay & found one. It is beautiful. regal ware bought the west bend co. but they dont really do anything to help with the lifetime warranty on these . pans. good luck in your search.

Hi
I saw your post and wondered if you still had the instructions on how to use the Miracle Maid Dutch oven that you would be willing to share please?

I have given mine to my son but cant remember what to do with it correctly
Thanks in anticipation
Barbara

I remember that in the 70s, here in Australia, both my sister and I both bought a set of Renaware which I presume was from the United States. I know it cost the earth and I never did work out how to use it properly; either that or I was just too impatient to persist! So it finished up being used like a normal cookware set! I know the company is still going because they tried to sell me ANOTHER ONE not too long ago!

Hi just googled it and then to west bend they have 2 pots they are called liquid-core. go to www.westbend.com and then look under products.

One is the skillet and it did mention the making a cake in the skillet. Now don't know how much but it does tell you where you can get the product hope this helps.

To Pattral: Miracle Maid has been discontinued, but you can get something even better that is made today. Next time you go to a State Fair, check out the demos for Kitchen Craft, Health Craft. These sets cost thousands new, but much less on ebay.
This store sells waterless cookware replacement parts:
www.waterlesscookware.com/.../mfglist.asp

Anonymous

They are very nice but most people use to high of heat and they are made to be used with medium to low heat. I still have my small set from that time.

To Answer everyone's questions, I just purchased a product that does just what you are describing. There are many products out there, and some claim to do what you describe. Some are good and some are not so good. Either way, all of them are rather expensive. I just purchased a product made by West Bend. The product is Royal Queen. I have used the product and it is great.

The Skillet and Grill are the nicest of the products, and the product has the ability to be used in stacking cooking reducing the amount of burners running at one time. The product does cook product in about half the time of conventional pots and pans that you would cook in. If you have any questions send a reply. Thanks, Louis C.

Do you possibly mean a Dutch Oven pot?

I've been using some waterless cookware I got not too long ago. It's the best stuff I've ever used!

I bought a set of stainless steel waterless cookware . It was made by Ecko. It was a home party also. The guy cooked a complete meal. The set cost 384.00 back then and also got a vitamix stainless steel blender with them. Life time warranty. I still have them and they look like new.

I bought these too, but i need to replace the Plastic waterless valves on the top of the lid - cannot find them anywhere - any thoughts

Believe you are talking about Miracle maid cookware.
I purchased years ago still in use.
Better than a majority of the stuff on the market today

My husband and I earned a complete set of Miracle Maid cookware by booking parties, cooking the meal and selling the sets. Still have some of the original set, West Bend replaced the pots that lost the gem coating with a very heavy aluminum pan. Still waterless cooking i.e., very little water, and the we love them.

I still use my miracle maid from the 70s .. bought the whole set. Coffee pot and every.. I need some replacement handles on two but that is all that is wrong. Love them

My roommate had a set when I lived with her in the early 70's. My husband and I bought a set in 1974 and I am still using and loving it today! The handles are getting a little wobbly and that's not good for arthritis, but it still works as good as the day we brought it home!!!

I use my Miracle maid every day from 1979 I believe - it is still in good shape. I am searching for new handles for the pots.

Hi
Would you please tell me how to use the Miracle Maid Dutch oven
I would be really grateful for any instruction you could share
Kind regards
Barbara

Anonymous

Royal Queen cookware. Its expensive but worth every penny! You must purchase through independent distributors.

Consumer Advice Product FinderMarch 6, 2009
🌻
😷
🐛
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf56903819.tip.html

Product FinderConsumer Advice