Using Glue When Scrapbooking or Making Cards

1
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

When scrapbooking or making greeting cards I was tired of the mess created when trying to get the glue to cover the edge of a piece of paper. If I use a sheet of newspaper underneath, the 2nd time I used it I picked up the glue on the front of my paper, so I started using the catalogs and store ads magazines that I get in the mail every day.

After I use the page to catch the overflow from my glue stick I just turn the page and have a clean space for the next item to get its glue. It worked so great! I was so excited, I wanted to share! And it's another way to recycle!

By Sue

By Vivian Perez-Espinosa (Guest Post)

Dear Sue, that is a great idea however, there are many dry adhesives that are used in scrapbooking and cardmaking. If scrapbooking always remember to use one that is acid free to protect your photos and pages. Best of Luck!!

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 213 Feedbacks

I bought a roll of wax paper and keep it in my craft room and use it. I put it under my cards when making them and if I get glue on the wax paper I just fold it up a little and keep working I usually can get 3 to 4 cards per sheet of wax paper. Sometimes more than that it just depends on the type of card you are making.

Wax paper here does not cost much and it is a lot cheaper than those special sheets that craft companies have out for the same purpose. I use all types of adhesives for my cards and scrapbooking

I learned this from another crafter, it's a great use for old magazines, especially ones I've cut images or pages out of, so they wouldn't work so well to be donated. Another book I use are the phone books we get all the time. We don't use them, but they work great in my craft room. In fact we keep two 'glue' books, one for me and one for my daughter.

Crafts Paper ScrapbookingMay 4, 2005
🌻
🐛
😎
Generated 2021-07-05 06:11:46 in 885 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf571366.tip.html