WildlifePhotos

Wildlife: Royal Terns (Florida)

I hadn't been to the ocean in about forty years! It was on my "bucket list" to go again. I finally made it last February. This photo was taken in Florida. These birds are Royal Terns. Aren't they gorgeous?

By Holly from Denver, CO

These birds are not only beautiful, they are so fascinating to watch. We have a condo at Marco Island, FL. where it looks out to the ocean. Since we go back and forth to our unit many times a year the Terns get to be seen in their different states. Our last visit was the month of May, it was such a treat to watch the groups of Terns on the beach, make their nest, protect them, sleep on the warm sun. All such a treat. I've attached one of my favourite of these birds. They actually look "dead" laying right down on the sand during the late afternoon.

Terns are fascinating but watching them move as fst as they sometimes can makes me tired! Love them.

I love the picture!

Beautiful birds! I like their orange beaks.