Saving Money on Fabric Softener

0
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

I love the way my laundry feels and smells when using fabric softener. However I never want to spend the money that the fabric softener costs. So I purchased a plain spray bottle and fabric softener, filled it with fabric softener about 1/3 of the way up and the rest of way with water.

Now when I throw my clothes in the dryer, I grab my spray bottle and spray several squirts of my fabric softener mixture directly on the clothes inside of the dryer and start it up. Not only does it make my clothes smell good but it removes the static and the need for dryer sheets. Plus your fabric softener lasts a lot longer. Try it you'll be pleased with the results.

By Stacey from GA

9 More Solutions

I saved one of my empty fabric softener containers and when I bought a new one the same size, I poured 1/2 the contents into the empty, saved, bottle and filled both bottles to the top with water.

Fabric Softener

When using fabric softener sheets, cut them in half. They work just exactly the same as a whole sheet does.

I got this tip from the Mary Hunt website. Get a spray bottle and fill 1/3 with fabric softener. Fill the rest of the bottle with water. Spray a few times on both sides of an old washcloth, and throw it in the dryer. Turn the bottle gently before each use to mix up the contents well. I don't shake the bottle.

Make a Bottle of Fabric Softener Last for 8 Years

There is nothing more pleasing to me on laundry day than smelling the fragrance coming from my bottle of Gain Fabric Softener. Problem is that I live on a limited income and all the "name brand" fabric softeners can become pricey.

When doing laundry, use white vinegar in the rinse cycle instead of fabric softener. This deodorizes laundry and softens it too.

White Vinegar

I have a great tip to share that will make your fabric softer last longer and cloths smell just as great and feel just as soft while saving yourself a whole lot of money.

ThriftyFun.com Staff

In a recent Reader's Request (one of our other newsletters) we published a reader's request for frugal fabric softener ideas. Below is one of the responses we received.

I like to use dryer sheets, but they're a bit pricey for my tastes. So for some reason, one time I tried to tear one in half. It was quite easy to tear. Now I tear mine in thirds.

Tips for saving money on fabric softener.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 5, 2013
👒
🐛
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf581167.tip.html