Dog Drool Stains On New Lilac Suede Boots

My brother bought me these adorable lilac suede boots for Christmas. I went to put them on this morning only to realize that my dog had drooled on them- Ick! I hate to gross you out with the details, but the stain has dried on them and I'm too freaked out to try anything. I've even considered the local shoe repair shop. Is doggy drool removal a no-brainer? Or is it going to take a certain amount of delicacy and experimentation? (If so, I'll leave it to the experts.)

pthaloblue

Best Answer

Although Saddle Soap is great for smooth leather, I wouldn't use it on suede. Rub corn meal into the stain, then brush it out with a suede brush. It may take a few times but hopefully it will take it out. Suede is very delicate and saddle soap will change the color and texture of the suede.

Susan from ThriftyFun

By (Guest Post)

The best cleaner for suede is Saddle Soap. You may have to go to a western store or a leather store to buy it.

Use Saddle Soap found at a western store, you know that sells saddles and boots and stuff, or at a leather store.

By Alphtoo (Guest Post)

I love saddle soap but I would never consider using on anything but smooth leather. Susan is absolutely right. I'd never heard of the corn meal trick but it's worth a shot. If that doesn't work I'd turn it over to a pro. Just try to find one who knows what he / she is doing. And I'd probably either shoot the dog or duct-tape his mouth shut.

This could prevent the problem from happening again.

Of course I am being facetious. I'd never intentionally hurt a critter unless it needed hurting or unless I had to put some meat on the table. But if you can get this problem fixed I would suggest blocking his access to the room where you keep your footware.
- Alph