CraftsPhotos

Instead of Post Its

Category Crafts

I always have trouble with post-it notes. They keep falling off and losing their "sticky". So I made this handy note holder that is small enough to post a note anywhere it is handy. Just take a large size plastic egg, the kind you find at Easter that you can open and is hollow. Cut a slit in one half of the egg. (I used a band saw, but I think an electric knife might do the trick.) Set it next to your monitor to leave important reminders. I have been using old business cards to write the reminders on.

eggnote.jpg

getting_organized.jpg

By Harlean from Arkansas

Neat idea! Thanks for sharing.

Renee in Tn

Another idea here is to use the backs of old business cards to jot down the messages for your egg note holder

Harlean from Arkansas

That definitely is a good idea!

Definitely a cool idea! I rarely ever buy pantyhose but there's one brand that comes in a large size egg....that would work! Maybe too you can find a neat color that matches your decor.

I think this would be great in the kitchen to hold a recipe card. Perhaps the egg could be decorated, with some paint, stickers, etc.

Thanks for the idea and providing pictures!

The egg could also have some weight put into it such as plaster of Paris to make it more stable.

Simpler (but less attractive) than trying to cut that slit (not all oof us have band saws, and we might damage our electric knife). Attach a lump of that stick-up stuff (that's like silly putty) on back of egg and then press memo against it. I've used that sticky stuff to hold pretty post cards to wall. It holds for days but you can get the item off without a struggle. You can find that stick-um in stationery section of Dollar stores or places like Walmart.