Bleaching Denim

How do you bleach denim to create a fashionable look?

There is a product called Easy Bleach. I saw it in a catalog called Home-Sew but it`s not cheap.It`s around $9. I'm sure someone out there has a cheaper solution.

http://www.homesew.com/" rel="nofollow" target="new">http://www.homesew.com/

By guest client (Guest Post)

try domestos i did and it worked

By guest client (Guest Post)

I saw a clip on TV for decorating denim and they used one of those bleach pens to create different shapes, etc on jeans, jackets and shirts. I would think a template or stencil would work to help with the lines, unless you are very artistic.

By guest client (Guest Post)

Rit Dye offers a product called Fast Fade. It works great to lighten up denim. It's hard to find in stores, but you can easily get it at the "Rit Dye" online store. - Jennifer

By guest client (Guest Post)

The bleach pen for drawing shapes on denim is so unique I'd like to have more ingenious ideas like that.

Toss your denim into the bathtub or out on the sidewalk. Pour the bleach slowly onto your item while standing above it. Let it soak in for about two minutes, then rinse it in cold water.(Be careful not to splash the bleach while pouring.) After that, wash it separately.

i must speak up here. DO NOT bleach denim on the sidewalk!! the bleach will seep into the ground, the water table, the ecosystem and the drinking water. it is a carcinogen. if using bleach, best to pour it down the drain. thanks!

So when you pour bleach down the drain it doesn't go back to the water table?

im trying to bleach a denim jacket. soaked it overnite in domestos, but instead of it bleaching all the jacket its all patchy. any suggestions would be most appreciated

If you put one fourth water to three-fourths regular bleach in a container as big as what you are bleaching; lay the object down evenlly and let the denim sit from anywhere from 30 sec. to 5 min. depending on how bleached you want it to look, itshould come out pretty good!

-Ray

im trying to bleach my denim backpack for school, but i dont know how i could bleach everything but the back, because the back is polyester and the bleach would weaken that. puleeez give me some ideas!

im was sitting in my room and filled it with bleach now everything in my room is sparkly

Editor's Note: This may be a joke but bleach in large amounts is very toxic. You may have chlorine poisoning, get out of there now!

I WANT ALL INFORMATION ON BLEACHING DENIM PROFESSIONALLY FOR THE BEST RESULTS

I found a lot about bleaching denim on here, hth
http://sewing.a … sewnewsfaded.htm

http://sewing.a … sewnewsfaded.htm

ok so i just bought this wonderful jean denim jacket. But the color is too dark for my taste. Is there any way i can bleach it to lighten the color ?? but not ruin the jacket?

Editor's Note: Put 1 cup bleach in the washer while it is filling and before you put in the jacket so it is well diluted. (DO NOT pour bleach on the jacket or you will have bad white spots and then be wanting to know how to redye it.) You should be able to let it sit in the water for a while and it will lighten it. Basically, though, just washing the jacket and hanging it out in the sun a few times will lighten it quite a bit.

how can i bleach black denim to white? or grey? if anybody has any ideas please! post them or send me an email (amy-bush at hotmail dot com) thank you x

I create my own destroyed jeans and putting mixtures of pure bleach or bleach and water in a mist/spray bottle and spraying even layers on jeans, then washing them works very well. So if you want that faded look you just spray the top and bottom with a 3:1 ratio to the middle based on what you want. DO NOT DO THIS INDOORS!

I got a bleach pen for valentines day. I thought it would be cool to decorate my jeans! :)

Hey I have a bleach pen and i am going to draw on my jeans but if I want it white, how long do I leave the bleach on? if yall know, please comment!! thnx

my daughter got dishwasher detergent on her new denim shirt so it's faded in one spot. How do I make the rest of the skirt match?

tiana, $9 is not that bad

Hi there! Could anyone tell me how to bleach denim but have the spots come out antique (sepia) looking instead of white? I just watched Project Runway and Korto did this to a pair of jeans. It appeared she just bleached them, but the spots aren't white; they are more of a brownish color. I love the look but am not sure how to get this look. Thanks so much - you guys have great ideas!