Gift Idea: Memory Jar

This Memory Jar is a gift that is always enjoyed and appreciated by the recipient, and it only takes some colorful sheets of paper and a pretty container to make it. In the tough times we live in, it's hard to afford a lot of gifts, but this is special gift, one that comes from the heart and can be made to be given for Christmas, Mother's Day, or birthdays.

I made my Memory Jar to have a memory to be opened one per week, so I typed out 52 memories, quotes, and scriptures, in Word and used Lucida Handwriting font in size 16. I printed all sayings spaced out well, and used 10 sheets of different colored paper and of course you will need to have 2 sheets with 6 memories on them, to come out even. Be sure to space out your memories evenly, so that you will have enough space in between to cut them.

After you have all your memories cut, roll them on a round pencil. The heat of your hand will help to keep the rolled shape. You could even use specialty scissors to make the edges prettier, and another possibility is to tie each roll with a pretty ribbon or yarn as a little "gift" each week for the recipient to open. Drop all the rolls into a nice vase, pretty pitcher, or a pretty jar with a lid, to be used later. Add a nice big bow and you are finished!

By CDC from FL

I love this idea! I am going to use it!

Thank you, Robyn! Glad you liked the Memory Jar gift idea! They are really fun to make. :-)

What a sweet and thoughtful gift for any occasion! Another idea for the jar - jot down events you shared, where you had an especially memorable time [i.e., a trip, dining out, a movie, or shopping] - as soon as possible so you don't forget.

What a great present for Christmas 2013 that you can start today!

Holidays and Parties Gifts InexpensiveNovember 22, 2011
🍀
💘