General AdviceConsumer Advice

Home Security Cameras

Has anyone installed a home security camera at their front door? What does one need to know before selecting and purchasing a cam?

By Jan Yofee from OH

I purchased both the black and white and color surveillance cameras from Harbor freight the less expensive black and white is far superior in picture and sound, they both have night vision but the color has tunnel vision at night they both come with a 100 foot cord which will either plug straight into your TV or recorder, mine is a VCR and I use an 8 hour tape, I turn it on every night it 10:00 p.m. it runs until a little after 6:00 a.m.

My neighborhood has opossums, raccoons, skunk's, 5 foxes and 3 coyotes and I caught it on tape when my neighbor's house was broken into, unfortunately was after the fact when I've watched the tape.

You really can recognize people within 25 ft. and the sound is very clear.

I initially bought the cameras to tape my haunted house on Halloween and that was a very big success last year covered the whole area both picture and sound

Thanks for the feedback BABBIE :-)