Need Sports Makeover For Son's Room

I am wanting to change my son's room. He is 11 yrs old. His whole room needs a makeover from top to bottom. I am a single parent so money is tight. Any good suggestions? He loves sports.

Gina from Missouri

A sports make over is one of the most creative and easily cheap ways to remake a room. Go to any type of second hand stores in your area, garage sales, your sons old sports items, or his magazines. There is so much out there that you may want to pick only one sport. Decorate with sports posters, frame magazine picts, make pillows and comforter out of old sports team sweat shirts, use any wooden sports equipment and nail on to existing furniture. Paint his furniture his favorit team's colors...really your only limitation is your imagination. Also have him search for items and create his room with you, he will love it all the more. Sounds like a great family project!

Hi for my stepson, I once put a kite on a ceiling using just 4 clear thumbtacks! You can also hang
a cute toy airplane using sturdy clear line, like fishing line, (I used green weedwacker string) .
Also find used good skateboards at garage sales
and put those up for shelves! Use color by using fabric on walls with liquid starch (comes off easy).
Once you get started you will get many good ideas
and Have Fun oh and also involve him too to get
his ideas too you may be surprised.

The best idea that i have heard recently is to saw a bat in half and screw it to the wall along with some gloves and a baseball. If you cut the ball in half and fill it with foam you can simply glue it to the wall. Hats stapled to the wall make a nice border. If you want to look at hockey you can drill through the center of some used pucks and fasten them to the wall with some longer screws.