TipsFrugal Living

Buy Better Quality DVD's Instead Of Blu-Ray

You do not need to buy a Blu-Ray player. I was plagued by DVDs skipping and freezing. New ones, old ones, borrowed, burned, you name it, no matter which player I used.

DVD disk quality (the actual disk) has deteriorated over the years, the plastic is very lightweight and flimsy, probably to decrease cost and increase profit. Out of frustration, most people are throwing out their players and replacing with costly Blu-Ray players.

Google "best blank DVD brand"; and you will see there is another brand out there that costs nearly the same as the cheap-o ones from regular stores.

I've been borrowing DVDs, and then copying them onto the better brand of DVD (it's called Taiyo Yuden), and it's a major difference.

By Bella Swan from Forks, WA

If you buy DVDS of movies or documentaries that are Blu-ray they will not play on a regular DVD player. Also some DVDS are covered by copyright laws and it is illegal to copy them.

Copying DVDs that don't belong to you is a violation of copyright law.

I just got a DVR/VCR combo myself. Very wary of Blue Ray.

Oh by the way say hi to the Cullens, and the Wolfpack for me hehe. I just love those books and movies.