TreesGardening

Saving a Dying Pine Tree

We moved to Arizona from New York, we had a pine tree from a seedling and was doing fine in a large pot. We brought it to AZ with us. It was 100 and above for a few days. The needles turned brown and are falling off. Is there anything I can do to save it from totally dying? I brought it in the house now, hopefully the cooler house will help Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Barbara

By Janet (Guest Post)

Plant it in the ground an deep water it 1x per day until it's "settled" Pines usually do better upstate like prescott, but it can be saved in the valley if it gets enough water.

By Lisa (Guest Post)

Also pour a can of beer on it ( Starch helps it grow)
Also what we do at christmas time when we get live trees, We use 7-up which helps it pull through. I got this info from our local nursery.

By cindy scheel (Guest Post)

I'm trying to save some pine trees. although I'm watering them everyday they look a bit tuff.

many dead needles. should i fertilize them? hope you can help. we haven't had rain for 2 months. thanksl