AdviceGreen Living

Support Green Living Everyday

Green Living is what I support every day of my life. When shopping, I only buy items that are environmentally safe to use on the box or tag. Laundry soap is the same thing. When I buy it, it isn't scented or a bleach kind. I live by this motto because I have allergies to almost every product on this planet including what is in the air. My clothes have to be free of toxins and poisons. It must be completely void of allergies for me to wear it, so my laundry soap has to be environmental green living kind. You can find it in the organic aisle, or on the top shelf of the cleaning or laundry aisle.

Cleaning my house is the same for me. It has to be chemical free cleaning product. No toxins, or any ammonia smelling products for my home. This is also good for the environment. These products can be found in the regular aisle at your stores, or a Walgreen's near you. The dollar store may have them too. You must look in the cleaning aisles for a special mark that says environmentally safe or green living product on the label. Don't buy one that says allergy-free as they are not always green living products.

My new home that I am building on 20 acres is my vacation home that will be the ultimate green living adventure for me. We will have a windmill, a wood burning fireplace (no chemicals in lighter fluid that way), a wood burning stove, and gardens of organic food to eat. Seeing is believing. Check out Mother Earth News for Green Living articles too. Love our Earth because it is our home for good.

By Tanya from Dilworth, Minnesota

Green living is good for our environment & health. With allergies, consider the toxins contained in wood gasses, released as the wood combusts when creating that nice fire. Enjoyable as it is, allergies are aggravated as that toxic dust gets into the air & the house, thus contaminating every surface within & the air, including the air outside. Please consider this if you have severe allergies. The same for wood burning stoves (or any type of combustion heating), they are more contained but still produce dust / dirt within the living area. Brrr... time to light the fireplace and take an allergy pill.