Protect Electrical Cords With Rubber Hoses

I gave this solution to a friend when she said her cat had been chewing on one of her cables to the computer and another for the DVR and TV. To keep cables tangle free and to keep pets from chewing on them use rubber hose to cover the cables. You can get different size rubber hoses, so you can do each cable separately with smaller rubber hose or use a larger one for all of them.

The pets will chew on rubber hose and not the true cable! This will protect your cords also, when moving, from nicks that may occur. Just mark with fingernail polish what the cord is for.

By cj from Minot, ND

What a good idea! I wish I'd thought of that! Moreover, I wish I had saved a garden hose I threw out when the connectors went bad - I could have cut it up and used pieces for this purpose and other things, like covering the wire handles on buckets to make them more comfortable to hold. Fortunately, my 3 kitties don't bother wires, but if I should adopt a chewer in the future, I'll keep this in mind. Thanks!

I like this idea. Also its safe for the chewers.