Sawdust Gutter for Your Workshop

A good use for old gutters, either wood or metal, is a debris gutter for the side of you work bench. Just attach it to the side of your work bench so that you can sweep debris and saw dust into it. You can have it at an angle so that it drains into a garbage can. Pretty nifty!

By LS

I sink a lot of tubs used for mixing concrete, into the ground. They make excellent small flower beds. A picture shows zinnias growing in these tubs.

I do the same with rain gutters. For plants with shallow root systems, these gutters are ideal. Just dig a trench, insert the gutters to ground level, fill with soil and put in bedding plants. Pictured are purslanes planted in sunken gutters. In the Winter, these same gutters will hold violas.

The red arrows indicate visible portions of the gutter. They don't show up in these small pictures.

(Heck. I shoulda done my own post and entered a contest).