BeveragesFood Tips

Use a Wooden Clothespin as a Straw Holder

I like to have a bottle of water or pop close by, and sometimes the straws I use have a way of slipping out of the spout. After undoing the bottle several times to retrieve the straw, I looked up and saw one of my trusty wooden clothes pegs (the ones with the hinge.) Well, they fit perfectly around a straw on top of the bottle and securely hold the straw in place. How neat is that?

By Derryl from Ontario

Very nice idea, thanks, good luck.

This is a good idea. I like to use a straw with a recycled glass bottle from juice or tea (like a Snapple glass bottle) but sometimes the straw does slip down below the bottle opening. I will try this altho I am not sure this would be the proper application or not :-) I have some plastic hinged clothespins that I like to use to keep chip bags closed so I can give it a try.