BathroomHome Improvement

Reviews of Glass Shower Doors

I am about to gut my master bath and am soliciting opinions on shower doors. The clear, seamless, frameless doors look beautiful, but aren't they a cleaning nightmare? Does anyone regret installing them over perhaps an obscured glass?

By VIVITY from Chicago

If you wipe down the glass or fiberglass shower with a towel after every use you will find it will be very easy to keep clean. Most people just leave the water on the walls and glass to evaporate and that contributes to all the woes people have trying clean the glass or fiberglass after a few months.

Hi Vivity,

Last summer we redid both bathrooms. We took out the shower doors and had the tiler fix the shower floor so we did not need shower door, just a long shower curtain. It is heavenly! If you need pictures I can send them to you.

One thing to consider is raising the showerhead while you have things torn apart. You will not be sorry!

Enjoy your new bathroom!

This is the easiest way to clean the glass shower doors. While the door is still wet spray with something like Scrubbing Bubbles. Also the Dollar General Brand works just as good. Spray the shower and the floor and the walls while wet. I would do this a couple of times a week.

You can then clean next day or wait till you shower. Lost of time would wait till shower then wipe down what the water does not cover. This kept my shower looking great.
To clean the outside of doors I just used window cleaner.

Hope this helps. My brother had shower doors which were really bad with soap scum and after a few times doing this they came clean. Now to keep them that way he does it a couple of times a week. Rosemary