Various Meal Ideas From Homemade Beef Soup
Prepare your own favorite basic beef soup recipe. I normally make mine with bite-size pieces of lean pot roast in a huge soup pot, so I can make enough to freeze, and last me all winter long. It can be served as is, with a sandwich or crackers, or you can use the following variations, or any other variation you can think of:
- Add noodles (no need to pre-cook)
- Add cooked rice
- Add cooked diced potatoes
- Thicken with flour and water mixture to stew thickness
- Add cooked rice after thickening
- Add cooked diced potatoes after thickening
- Add noodles after thickening (wait till last 3 minutes of noodles cooking to thicken)
- Add small amount of stewed tomatoes
- Add noodles and tomatoes
- Add cooked diced potatoes and tomatoes
- Add cooked rice and tomatoes
- Thicken slightly more than stew thickness and serve over cooked rice, cooked noodles, or mashed potatoes.
- When thickened and serving over rice, noodles or potatoes you could add some cooked broccoli or other vegetable
By Cricket from Parkton, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.