TipsFrugal Living

Frugal Household Tips

Category Tips

Tips I use for recycling:

• Recycle paper for notepads and envelopes.

• Reuse address labels simply by cutting out and applying with glue stick to (recycled) envelope.

• Reuse water. I use water left in drinking glasses for my iron and plants. Simply pour water into a recycled container and set aside for later use.

• Cut the thermostat up on air conditioner. I keep in on 78 when I am home and 82 when I am not,

• Condense your trips in your car to save gas. I went from working 6 days a week to working longer hours, 3 days a week. Not only do I save gas, I also have more days for me!

• Plan on eating 2 no-cook meals a week. Saves on electricity.

• Take advantage of the sun. Solar energy is free!

• Avoid takeout. Bring back the long lost art of cooking. It's cheaper and healthier.

By Paulette from Myrtle Beach, SC

By Jonnie (Guest Post)

I recycle aluminum cans of all types, soda, potted meat, pie tins etc. I use the plastic grocery bags for garbage. I recycle newspaper for weed barrier and use my grass clippings on top.

I recycle plastic lids from oatmeal canisters, etc. for snack plates (holds just enough cheese and crackers for one). I try to use up and reduce/as much as possible.

By LYnda (Guest Post)

A M E N to all of that! God bless you. : )

Good idea to save partially empty glasses of water to use in my iron and water my plants! We here in Alabama are in a bad drought right now. We really need to conserve water every way we can! Thanks for the idea. Judy