AdviceFood Tips

Where Can I Buy Baking Emulsions in the UK?

I was reading about a recent tip on T/F about using bakery emulsions instead of extracts. It sounds like a better idea, but what are they? Where would I buy them? Also are they expensive? Many thanks.

By helen from U.K

Anonymous

Hi Helen :-) From what I checked out online about bakery emulsions is that they contain vegetable gums in the emulsion base to help retain flavor during baking. I am skeptical about it but maybe you could speak with a couple of your bakeries to see what they think about it and exactly which recipes they use them for, if they use them. I searched where to purchase online and a 4 ounce bottle of each flavor is about $5.00 USD plus shipping.

Hi Deeli many thanks for your reply and taking the time to find out for me. I will let you know what i find out Helen xxx

I have found great success in using Wilton candy flavours in some of my baking. You might try a candy / cake making / decorating supplier for one close to you.

I have used bakery emulsions from LorAnn. They sell an array of oils for flavoring candies as well as bakery emulsions. Their website is:

https://www.lorannoils.com/
I don't know about international shipping. They are based in Michigan. They have an online catalog and that is the primary way they do their business. You could try contacting them via email.