Determining Fee for Making Couch Cushion Covers?

I am sewing new cushion covers for a rather large couch. There are 16 cushions. This question is for any professional sewers out there. How much should I charge per cushion? A few are rather large. I am making all the piping and replacing all the zippers as well.

By Rose Smith from Malvern, PA

A while ago there was a post with a similar question of how much to charge for sewing. A general rule is to take the cost of all the supplies that have to be purchased for example: fabric, thread, zippers, piping, fuel for your vehicle. If it costs you $75.00, charge the customer $150.00. Take your cost and multiple by 2.
Make sure that you ask them for a deposit before you start the work.

Or if you're sewing for someone and the cost of supplies is very minimal, set a price and charge per hour.

I recently made 4 very large cushions for a friend's chairs - these cushions were actually the seat & back that went in a wooden frame. She paid me $100 - that did not include the fabric she had already bought. I was only going to charge her $80 ($20 per cushion), but she was very generous!

I think couch cushions should start at $25 or $30 each.

Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 16, 2009
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
Generated 2020-07-18 10:40:36 in 903 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf62467091.tip.html

General AdviceConsumer Advice