SofasFurniture

Buying New Foam for Cushions

Any idea where to get new foam for sofa cushions? I found a site online where you can measure your own cushions and send away for the foam, but measuring myself makes me REALLY nervous, especially since I have 5 cushions to replace and the price is $75-$100 per cushion - that seems really high. But the foam on this sofa just DID NOT hold up from us using it, and it's only 3 years old. BTW - no warranty left on the sofa.

Robin from Cincinnati, OH

Have you tried Hancock or an other fabric (sewing) store. Our local store sells several types of foam items. And if you have an old cushion most ot the staff are willing to help you. I'm sure they would measure the cushion for you. Or you might try calling local uphostery (?) places in your area and see if they would sell you foam. Again have them measure for you. Good Luck!

By Pat (Guest Post)

You can go to Joannes' or just about any large fabric store, they should have foam; you may want to call ahead and see if they have the kind you need, you may be surprised to find they not only have it, but they can help you measure it etc.

GOOD LUCK!

By elaine (Guest Post)

Do you have a Hancock's near you? It is a fabric store and the ones here carry the foam you describe. Good luck!

By Jonnie (Guest Post)

If there is an upholsterer in your area you might be able to take the cushion covers there and have them cut and restuff the cushions for you. I was able to do this a few years ago, and it was not as expensive as if I had bought the foam and done it myself. These cushions held (are holding) up much better than the original.
Good luck to you.

I think Hancock Fabrics carries cushions like that.

Go to the nearest Salvation Army thrift store,yard sale,Goodwill,etc. until you find an old sofa with good sturdy cushions the same shape, size,as yours for 25 dollars or so,buy it, and rip it apart.

Re-cover the foam with giant lawn and leaf bags,and then your own cushion covers