Getting Rid of Junk Mail

Whenever I receive an "invite" in the mail for a credit card that I do not want (an unsolicited invite), I tear it up into several pieces because I do not have a shredder and can't afford one right now. Then I take the pieces and put some in each waste basket around the house so just in case a thief wants to paste the information back together, all the pieces are not there.

Some pieces are in the bathroom waste basket, some pieces are in the kitchen waste basket, some pieces are in the bedroom waste basket and not all waste baskets get emptied at the same time. This eliminates the risk of any personal information getting into the wrong hands.

Source: myself

By Kathy from Sylvania, OH

Maybe it would work better to send it back to the sender! hahaha

Isn't there some way that is free to get rid of all of this junk mail?

I do the same thing with expired debit or credit cards but as for the junk mail I used to place them (plus add other miscellaneous junk mail) into the prepaid envelope and send it back to them - LOL ;-)

I started doing that about three years ago and you will be amazed how quickly the junk mail dwindles down to nothing because your name and address is removed from their mailing list. Also, it's eventually removed from everyones mailing list because they buy and sell those lists to each other ;-)

And the reason they remove you is because once you mail that envelope back they get charged the postage and when you're adding other junk mail in that envelope it costs them oodles because of the weight - Ha, ha!

After ripping your paper, run the pieces under water. You can squeeze them into a ball. Nobody can undo.

I do the same and sometimes I even flush the smaller pieces.

I don't mind junk mail. I just shred it up and use it as mulch in my veggie garden. Also some of the sheets of paper are blank on one side and I use it for scratch paper. I am careful to remove any places that has my name on it and shred them. Also some of the envelopes are mostly plain, so I cover the printing with white tape and use the envelopes for mailing myself. So for me it pays to get junk mail.

Walmart has a Mainstay shredder, you can get the top or you can get the bottom to go with it. Just the shredder is $14 or a dollar or more, you can just put it on top of anything to catch the shred.

If you want to buy the bottom to go with it, it could cost it could cost $3-6 more.

Anonymous

HA HA Kathy am glad to know I am not the on;y one who divvies up the pieced all aroundl

Preapproved credit card/insurance offers can be permanently stopped via opt out prescreen. This offered through the major credit car bureaus - Equifax, Experian, TransUnion and now Innovis.

FTC also has a great article of reducing junk mail!

Organizing PaperworkMay 17, 2012
😷
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf62906135.tip.html