Store Measured Servings Of Frozen Foods

My husband and I were preparing to cook a bag of frozen peas, and decided we didn't want to use the whole 1 pound bag. My husband pulled out a 1 quart freezer bag to put the original bag of peas in before using any.

My husband counts carbohydrates, and I count calories. This tip allows us to easily see the nutrition numbers the next time we get out the peas to cook, and also save money on our groceries in the process.

By SusanP from East, Tennessee

I usually don't use the whole bag either. After I remove what I need, I fold over the open end of the bag and put a rubber band over the bag to hold it closed.