Making a Sock Cupcake
I have seen these cute cupcake socks for sale several places and decided to try my hand at creating my own. This is quick and easy and it is a fun and unique way to give a pair or two of socks! In order to have enough bulk to create the cupcake, use two pair of no-show or ankle socks, or you can use one pair of knee-hi socks.
- 2 pairs of low-cut socks
- rubber band
- paper cup or cupcake liners
- medium size pom pom
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Use scissors to cut halfway down the side of a paper cup. Then cut around the diameter of the cup. This will be your cupcake holder. You could also use several stacked cupcake liners instead of a cup.
- Begin by layering your socks on top of each other so that the edge of each sock can be seen (refer to photo).
- Beginning at the open end of the socks, roll up socks all the way to the toe end.
- Secure roll with a rubber band.
- Position rolled socks into cut-off cup or stacked cupcake liners.
- Hot glue the pom pom to the end of a toothpick. Hold in place a few seconds until glue is dry.
- Poke the toothpick down the middle of the rolled socks being careful not to poke a hole in the socks. (I stuck my finger down the middle to help guide the toothpick).
- The pom pom is the "cherry" on top. You can place your cupcake in a clear cellophane bag tied off with a ribbon, and you are ready to present your gift!
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.