Giving Socks as Gifts

Category Gifts
When giving socks as a gift for Valentine's day a fun way to personalize them is decorating them with cute messages. Using a recycled tissue box you can make a special card.

Socks make great gifts that are inexpensive and fit everyone's budget. Plus it's practical and thoughtful because you want the person to have warm feet. Make a sock sleeve with construction paper, write a cute phrase (it could be for any occasion not just Valentine's Day) and this would be a great gift.

I made this for my cousin to gift to his girlfriend, in addition to other small gifts he made in a little Valentine's gift basket.

Total Time: 15 minutes

• socks
  • construction paper
  • pen
  • scissors
  • gluestick
  • plastic gems
  • tape

1. Cut a rectangular piece of construction paper long enough to wrap around the pair of socks. Write the phrase you want on the paper. I wrote, "You knock my socks off!"
  2. Advertisement

3. Wrap it around the socks and tape to secure.
  4. Decorate the sleeve with any materials you have. I used some acrylic gems to resemble hearts and a piece of ribbon.

Do you need a last minute, thoughtful and useful Valentine's Day gift idea for your boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other, husband, wife, best friend, soul mate, crush? This would be a super adorable gift, inexpensive and not a gift that will only be used for Valentine's Day.

This idea is not only for Valentine's Day, but you can give this as an anniversary gift or just because! It is very thrifty and useful especially for younger generations like teens or young adults who are on a budget. You can't go wrong with a pair of new socks!

Since my fiancé and I do not celebrate Valentine's Day as in buying expensive roses or overpriced Valentine's Day themed gifts, I made this gift for my fiancé.

Total Time: 20 minutes

• scissors
  • glue stick
  • elastic bow
  • computer + printer
  • tissue box

1. Using an empty tissue box, I salvaged the side flap since it had a pretty pattern. Feel free to use construction paper or scrapbook paper. Cut a rectangular shape to cover the existing sock tag (or if your sock does not have a tag create your own to wrap around the sock.
  2. Advertisement

3. To keep the flap in place, I used an elastic bow. Or, you can tape the back.
  4. Decorate the flap. I used glittery cursive stickers and put the word "Perfect".
  5. On the computer I wrote the words I need in Microsoft Word and printed it out. The font I used was Courier New, but feel free to use any font you would like. Then I cut out the words to position onto the flap and glue down. (You could also write out the letters, or use magazine letters to write your message out).
  6. Advertisement

7. Add any other finishing touches if you would like, but this gift is ready to give!

This is a page about making a sock cupcake. This is a cute way to give a gift of socks.

Sock Cupcake with Cherry on top

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Valentine's Day GiftsFebruary 29, 2020
🍀
🐰
🌻