Gift TagsGifts

Decorating Socks with Cute Messages

Do you need a last minute, thoughtful and useful Valentine's Day gift idea for your boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other, husband, wife, best friend, soul mate, crush? This would be a super adorable gift, inexpensive and not a gift that will only be used for Valentine's Day.

This idea is not only for Valentine's Day, but you can give this as an anniversary gift or just because! It is very thrifty and useful especially for younger generations like teens or young adults who are on a budget. You can't go wrong with a pair of new socks!

Since my fiancé and I do not celebrate Valentine's Day as in buying expensive roses or overpriced Valentine's Day themed gifts, I made this gift for my fiancé.

Total Time: 20 minutes

1. Using an empty tissue box, I salvaged the side flap since it had a pretty pattern. Feel free to use construction paper or scrapbook paper. Cut a rectangular shape to cover the existing sock tag (or if your sock does not have a tag create your own to wrap around the sock.
  2. To keep the flap in place, I used an elastic bow. Or, you can tape the back.
  3. Decorate the flap. I used glittery cursive stickers and put the word "Perfect".
  4. On the computer I wrote the words I need in Microsoft Word and printed it out. The font I used was Courier New, but feel free to use any font you would like. Then I cut out the words to position onto the flap and glue down. (You could also write out the letters, or use magazine letters to write your message out).
  5. Add any other finishing touches if you would like, but this gift is ready to give!