More Absorbent Towels

I was surprised by the absorbency of the towels at the salon I go to, and did a little investigating. The staff does not use any softener in the washer, and NO dryer sheets, yet the towels are soft and so absorbent. They have a water softener. But I had to do some experimenting, because I wasn't happy with my towels, and I learned something.

I washed a bunch of towels in just about 1 tablespoon of Oxy powder (my favorite) and then only 1/2 the amount of liquid softener that I usually use (even in hard well water). Then dried them without a softener sheet. TA DA! Soft AND really absorbent towels! And I save money.

By Kathy from Manitowoc, WI

I refuse to use dryer sheets and liquid softener is overused. I pour about 1/4 cup of softener in a spray container then fill with water. I then spray an old washcloth a few times and throw in the dryer. Plenty of softener and i only re-spray after about five or more dryer loads!

I never even thought about Oxi powder. Is this product make a person's skin itch at all?

I haven't used this before.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 10, 2008
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf63131899.tip.html