SnakesPest Control

Removing a Snake from a Home

Category Snakes

I have found a snake in my home. It was brown with lighter colored brown stripes. How can I be sure I will not be getting any unwanted guest anymore. I want to call someone, but don't know who to call.

Tracie from Central, Florida

Call your local Animal Control or even your local law enforcement. They can get that snake out.

Anonymous

Yes, call animal control. They can direct you for future possible invasion and also maybe give lots of helpful hints to keep the critters out in the first place.

As for a couple of ideas I have on keeping the critters out in the future: Make sure you only leave doors and windows open that have screens on them and check your clothes dryer vent hose to make sure it doesn't have a hole in it and that it's securely connected to both dryer and wall ... (They can enter via the exterior building vent hole)

Hope this helped :-)

check web sites with pictures of type snakes to see if you see it there to know if that type was poisionous, that way if you do see more or someone is bit you will know what type snake your dealing with. any drain pipes coming in from your house should be checked well for tiny cracks they can come through, also potted plants they come in that way if they were left outside then brought in.

I have the same problem with snakes here in SW Florida. I shop-vac them up, and dump the whole thing outside. It's probably the same snake getting in every time, he just enjoys the shop-vac carnival ride!

AuPouvoir, you are brave I would be freaking out big time and not even touch the shop vac ever again. Person, you got guts, big time.

Put mothballs around the perimeter of your house. You can do this on both the inside and outside of the house.

There are all kinds of animal catchers in Florida. Call your fire house or police department non emergency number. They will put you in touch with someone.

I think I would freak out and move and let the snake have the house! Ha!