Complain To Companies Directly

When something breaks or a product doesn't work right, complain. Find their website and tell them what went wrong and most companies will send a coupon or replace the product.

By Virginia

Editor's Note: Please do not post product complaints here, you should contact the company directly. If you google the company's name, most times you will be directed to their corporate website.

absolutely!! most companies will appreciate knowing how they are doing in the eyes of the consumer (you). I let them know when a product falls short of my expectations and I let them know when they have really wowed me too!!

By owenmohrbucks (Guest Post)

we had a problem with the denny's we ate at and went online and did a complaint. they refer the complaint back to the denny's we had a problem with and they did not do much to satisfy us. we had earned coupons to use for free breakfasts and when we tried to use one they would not accept it. since we issued a compaint they said next time they would accept only one and all of our other coupons we no good.

the coupons did not have an expiration date on them and they admitted that they did issue them but would not accept them. they acted like we were a pain in their side and did not care it we ever came back. thought their customer service was lousy. they wanted our business when we paid full price for two meals but now it is a different story.

Almost any call or letter to company with a complaint or a compliment will get you a coupon or a freebie. One compliment to a company got me a trip from home in CA to NY with my dog to film a commercial!

By Linda

I have complained to both McDonald's and to Wendy's and was not satisfied with either one, nor did I receive any "incentive" coupons to return there.

I live in Alaska and there isn't one McDonald's in this state that I would recommend to anyone. I hate going there. Quite a few of the items that McDonald's advertises (including our local locations) they never carry, service is bad, one had safety issues in the play area, one location charged you if you had your order to go, etc. The complaints never were addressed.

Wendy's just told me I should order something else from the menu if I didn't like what our local location has done to change the only thing I ever order from there.

One good thing about it! It helps me to lose weight when I protest against the fast food places! ha ha