Saving on Swiffer Dry Cloths

I use both sides of my Swiffer dry cloths before I throw them out. I purchase the Dollar General brand which is 20 for 2.00. I saw Save-a-Lot has a 20 pack for $1.00, but I haven't tried them yet. My mom does the same thing!

By Lydia

By SUZQ (Guest Post)

I use some old bath washcloths...they are the right size...then I use a spray bottle with my mopping solution in it...I wet the washcloth first, then spray some of the mopping solution on the floor too....every once in a while I use a clean washcloth....then I rinse them out and toss in the laundry....this works for me....

By Mary (Guest Post)

Swiffers have to be the biggest scam to come out in a long time. Once you buy the flimsy mop, you find out that the replacement cleaning pads are overpriced. People use any old thing in their place. I've seen tips here for using old nylons, rags, used dryer sheets, you name it.

Remember old fashioned dust mops? I think they work just as well or better than swiffers, and no replacement cloths are necessary!

Yep, I think swiffers were just a "re-invention" of the old-fashioned dust mop.

I have one but I don't think it works all that well on my tile floor like I was hoping. I probably do just as well to just sweep first and then mop.

It is handy in a pitch tho!

By Sandy (Guest Post)

Since can not get old baby diapers anymore (everyone uses Pampers) I cut up old T shirts for lint free cleaning rags. Cut off sleeves and stretch over end of Swifter mop (fit perfectly) and may be tossed in machine and reused many many times.