Lettuce Cup Tacos

Ingredients

• 1 head of butter lettuce cleaned and dried*
  • taco meat
  • cheese
  • salsa
  • minced onion
  • sour cream

*I use a salad spinner

Directions

Use a leaf of the lettuce as a taco shell. Fill with your favorite combination of taco goodies. Pick up and eat!

This lettuce is fabulous! I find it in my supermarket in a plastic container. It still has the roots on it. It stays fresh for a long time. The leaves form perfect little cups.

Source: I got the idea off of the Food Network. They used chicken salad. I have a Lap-band and have a hard time eating taco shells. It worked perfectly!

This sounds great, Jess. I also have a lap band and have really missed tacos. I can't wait to try this.

This is a great idea and this lettuce is much softer (almost melts in your mouth) and pliable than regular or romaine lettuce leaves are :-)

I love this type of lettuce and you can get it during peak season in abundance in regular cut head form rather than in the plastic growing containers much less expensively :-) Actually, it's in season soon! It's known as Butter, Boston or Bibb lettuce :-)

PS, I am giving you a thumbs up even though we are contest competitors this week ;-)

Thanks for posting this simple recipe that packs a lot of taste. I've done something similar for years using Radicchio with homemade meat sauce and summer squash, onions, peppers and zucchini (I'll post it).

I saw this just last night on Good Eats on The Food Network and he used tuna salad - looked soooo good - thanks for posting!

Well you've sparked some ideas for everyone. Including us low carbers. Thanks

Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican TacosMarch 24, 2009
🌻
🐛
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf64868385.tip.html