MiscellaneousCleaning

Removing Water Marks on Lampshade

I have a cotton lampshade that has what looks to be a water stain on it. How can I clean it?

Cynthia from Cambridge, MD

By Terry (Guest Post)

I just had the same problem with a Waterford shade. I used spray and wash on the shade and it worked. I did test it first to make sure it was not going to change the color or leave a mark and it didn't. Good luck

I have a hard lampshade with plastic lining and fabric cover. There are some water marks on my shade that I would really like to clean out but do not know how. Does anyone know how I can do this.

Mitra

Answers:

Removing Water Marks on Lampshade

I read somewhere that you fill your laundry tub with I guess warm or cold water depending on the material and some detergent. Be sure it is deep enough to cover the whole shade. Gently rub the mark to remove it. Hope this helps. mamalex (02/03/2008)

By Sandy