Crocheted Calypso Cardigan

This is a cardigan/vest I crocheted for my daughter. I made it with Red Heart Super Saver yarn in white and light blue. It is the first piece of adult clothing I have made besides numerous shawls. The pattern comes in sizes up to 3x.

I would highly recommend this pattern since it turns out so nice. You can use any color(s) you like. The pictures show the front, the back, and my daughter modeling it. She likes things form fitting; you can make the vest looser so that it closes more in the front. The fringe is crocheted chains, easy to make, and very jaunty.

Approximate Time: It took a few weeks working on and off.

• 5 mm crochet hook
  • 6.5 mm crochet hook
  • 2 skeins Red Heart Super Saver yarn, white
  • 2 skeins Red Heart Super Saver yarn, light blue
  • yarn needle

It was pretty easy to make, and the pattern is for free at the Red Heart website. Here is the link:

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

Crafts Crochet SweatersMarch 22, 2012
🌻
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf66004445.tip.html