Natural Remedy for Hot Spots

It works! Steep 2 tea bags in 1/2 cup of boiling water; add 1 cup of alcohol; dissolve 2 aspirin tablets in the solution; apply to the area with a cotton ball; let dry thoroughly. Apply 2 to 3 times a day as needed.

By Tammy from Fort Mccoy, FL

Cool! Can't wait to tell my daughter whose rat terrier and pug are both suffering with hot spots right now. Thanks!

Is that a Scotty in the photo? If so, I can feel your pain. Our male Scotty has terrible allergies and if he isn't given his prescription daily or he's feed anything with chicken, soy, or carrots in it gets hot spots like this. I'll have to remember this recipe and give it a try when the spray isn't around.

Tell me please, what are hot spots?

I have a small female Rat Terrier/Schnauzer mix. I bathed her with a shampoo that seem to irritate her skin. She scratches her back on the box springs of the bed. I am going to try this and see if it works. Our son has 3 labs that have hot spots sometimes. We'll try it on them also. Thanks for the tip.

Our dog used to get hot spots. Got spray from the vet, it seemed to hurt her. So I would also rub the spot with aloe with lidocaine (used for sunburn) and it it worked well. Your recipe looks good but isn't that a lot of alcohol?

I'll bet that does work! That's what I use for my Indiana monkey butt!

Often a hot spot is a sign of a problem with the food. Changing the food can remove the underlying cause. Try switching to homemade for 3 days.