AntsPest Control

Ant Trap Recipe

I believe it was in an old newsletter here that I had read something about how you can get rid of ants by putting something out for them that they will eat and that will then swell in their stomach and cause them to explode.

We have big black ants here in Washington, and they come in our house every year in early summer/late spring, and I am tired of them!

Ann Washburn

By peggy (Guest Post)

it was grits ,the kind we eat in the south for breakfast,leave a trail where they come in the house.peggy B

I believe its dry Cream of Wheat or broken up Alkasasler tablets or both but not together. Good luck- go withthe dry cream of wheat, its cheaper!!

It's yeast. Take pieces of cardboard - spread something sticky on it, like molasses.

Then sprinkle dry yeast on it. More importantly try to find their home and sprinkle it there.

It is supposed to be grits. They allegedly pick them up carry them to the nest and when they eat them and consume fluids it explodes there stomaches

c.j.cox

By Allison (Guest Post)

I'm pretty sure that boric acid works that way. You can buy plain boric acid in the pesticide section of the store, and I think it is a main ingredient in 20 Mule Team Borax, too.