KitchenProduct Reviews

Portable Dishwasher Suggestions

I will soon be shopping for a dishwasher. My kitchen is small and cupboard space is limited. I will probably need to purchase a portable model. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a make and model? Thank You.

Cindy from Lorain, OH

What I could do first is to check with Comsumer Reports and see if they have a listing as to best buys on dishwashers. Nothing we have ever purchased with their recommendations ever
disappointed us. You can check this out on line
and join, if you wish, a 4.95 subscription where you
may check out anything you want anytime you want.
I also think there will be more info regarding how to get that info from them. They are tops for us.

You might want to make sure where it will be located.
If you want to you can have someone handy with things make the hose for filling and emptying longer
so you do not have to move it all the time. Of course, safety is important so be careful and mindful

if you choose to do that. Purchase a good one with
a good warranty. We have had ours since 1988 and
it's going strong.

A word to the wise: Do not keep the top thingee out allowing items to dry as without the door to rest on it might loosen the fastenings to keep it in place and start to leak. We did that and had to pay $100.00 for a service call to fix it.

I bought a GE about 1 1/2 year ago, and it's working great. It's not too noisy. I can't really tell you that it's that much better than another, it's the only one I've owned. It was the cheapest they had! I put everything in there, but I do rinse off before hand since I'm only running it once or twice a week.

Hope this is somewhat helpful. ;0)

Neenoon

I had a Kenmore for years. The top was a cutting board board, but I didn't use it as that. I needed the extra counter space. We lived in military base housing and then in some pretty small places. When I sold it, due to building a home with one in it, it was working as good as it was the day I bought it. Hope this helps.