AdviceBudget & Finance

Sell Your Unwanted Items When You Want New Things

I noticed this recently - I have a lot of junk sitting around! A lot of it is stuff I need to cycle out. Now I don't usually want a lot of things, but recently I've wanted to buy some more books than I usually tend to purchase. So I went thoroughly through all of my things, and started posting on Ebay, Amazon Marketplace, and local free classified sites to sell the things I didn't want. Most of it sold, and I earned easily over $100.00. It was nice to have that extra money !

By Jackie

By Sharon,Ky (Guest Post)

Just how do you go about selling things on Ebay?I've heard that you have to pay fees to advertise them and I'm curious.I'd love to know.

Same here. Love to do it, just don't know how!

If you search around you will probably be able to find local sites for selling things, usually no charge involved. If you can't find a local site, just ask for advice on one of the Freecycle sites, I'm sure someone on there will give you a site address. Remember to always be safe, don't post your address or other personal information to the groups, be cautious when going to someone's home to pick up or having people to your home to buy.

If you search around you will probably be able to find local sites for selling things, usually no charge involved. You list the item just like typing things into ThriftyFun, very easy. It's like the classifieds on the computer! If you can't find a local site, just ask for advice on one of the Freecycle sites, I'm sure someone on there will give you a site address.

Remember to always be safe, don't post your address or other personal information to the groups, be cautious when going to someone's home to pick up or having people to your home to buy.

There is a wonderful website, where you can trade your books, earning credits and then get "new" books using those same credits. This website has been featured on many media outlets-even Oprah.

www.paperbackswap.com Love it!