Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Use A Sanitary Napkin As A Wound Dressing

My friend recently had breast surgery for cancer and when the drainage tube was taken out she had an infection. She was told to keep a clean bandage on at all times. The bandage would be soiled in a couple of hours.

I suggested she use a sanitary napkin in its place. She has had success with this idea as the pad is more absorbent. Also, a few years back, one of my children had wisdom teeth removed. I was not prepared when she came home so used tampax pads which she was able to place in the area which was bleeding. Anything in a pinch.

By Mary C. from Newark, CA

My son spent four years on active duty and two tours of duty in Iraq with the USMC during the current Gulf War. He said using tampons for bullet wounds is common in the military. I hear they can also be used to clean rifles.