BakingFood Tips

Marie Callender's Frozen Pie Crusts Instructions

Category Baking

Could someone give me the directions for baking a Marie Callender's frozen pie crust?

DiAnne

RE: Marie Callender's Pie Crust
Post By ChatySue (Guest Post) (06/12/2006)
This is Marie Callender's Pie Crust Recipe:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons ice water
1/2 teaspoon vinegar

Beat together the butter and shortening until smooth and creamy and chill until firm.
Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
Using a fork, cut the butter and shortening into the dry ingredients, until the mixture has a consistent texture.
Mix egg yolk, ice water, and vinegar into the dough, then form it into a ball and refrigerate it for 1 hour so that it will be easier to work with.

I lost the baking instructions for my Marie Callender's frozen pie crusts. How long do I cook them and at what temperature?

Marjorie Diane Gulum from Oviedo, FL

Answers:

• http://www.mariepies.com/tips.htm#Pie%20Crusts (12/13/2006)

By Debbie

This is 12 years later and Im searching for the directions on baking Marie Callenders pie shells too. Directions on back of label rip when you remove to read. This is ridiculous!!! No where on line can I find answers to making a double crust turkey pie using 2 deep dish pastry pie shells. This may be a waste of my money since I have no choice but to guess!! I will never buy this product again!!

Hello susko...this is an old post you added this to so you may not get as many answers as would be helpful to you. These crusts are too pricey for my tastes, so I have not used them, so I can't give you instructions, however, I can tell you that if you contact the company, they can give you the instructions AND since you are upset with the packaging, they you have every right to ask for your money back!

Here is the link to their contact:

www.conagrabrands.com/contact-us

PS...my favorite store crust is Pillsbury Refrigerated boxed pie crusts. If you get a coupon and your store doubles and you wait for them to be on sale...it can bake up a tasty pie for very little money.

The least expensive way is to make your own, but I know a lot of folks are afraid of pies! I just baked up 3 for Turkey Day! Usually I make them with Crisco and flour and ice water, a dash of cinnamon , but this year, I was trying to be healthy and used corn oil, flour and ice water! YUM!!!

Happy pie baking season to you!