Clean and Stock Your Medicine Cabinet Before Winter

When stocking your pantry for winter, don't forget your medicine cabinet! With cold and flu season approaching, now is a good time to clean out the medicine cabinet and take stock of what you'll need.

Check the expiration on what you have, and discard the out of date stuff. Just do so where kids can't get to it! We always 'X' boxes or pull labels off prescriptions, so other family members know they were empty when toddler Jimmy found it in the trash or recycling!

When you're sick, you sure don't want to go out for more OTC generic Robitussin or decongestants. So I make sure we have enough already here. And with the potential for icy roads and bad weather coming, it's a good idea to make sure you always have a week of any prescription medicines available, too. So stock your medicine cabinet along with your pantry - you'll feel better!

By Dorrie from Norman, OK

By Judy (Guest Post)

I am sick at home now. Fortunately, I always do just as you suggested, and boy am I glad I don't have to go to the store!